XBL GamerTag: jobiasRKD
Best part of being on the Mass Effect team is being able to claim that lurking around Tumblr for posts like this is “work”.
Cannot reblog hard enough: The dangers of scope creep.
(See Part 4 here.)You said you blew up your budget, turning a 200-line quest into a 270-line one (if I did the math right). Now, it occurs to me that this quest has a (roughly) 22% chance to happen, since player must be warrior/rogue (2/3 chance) AND Bethany must be in the circle (1/3 chance, since other options are she’s dead in the deep roads or she became a warden). This means that there’s a good chance that 78% of players wouldn’t enjoy this quest unless they play different playthroughs trying to explore all the possible outcomes.
Would a 22% chance be enough to raise your budget by 70 lines (and all that implies in terms of costs and disk space)? What kind of considerations are taken in such a case?
Word budgets are the bane of my existence.
And you’re right, that would be taken into consideration— but let me walk you through why that is.
did you know canada has bagged water cause I didn’t and I live here
CANADA YOU CAN’T JUST KEEP PUTTING BEVERAGES IN BAGS
Hey, only countries with a government get to criticize us.
YOU WANT SOME WATER FOR THAT BURN
HAVE A FUCKING BAG